Second Covid-19 Booster Vaccine Service
Eligibility for 2nd Covid Booster dose
You can book an appointment for a second booster dose
if you meet the following criteria;
- 65 years or older or
Immunocompromised Patients >30 years (<30’s HSE Service Only)
- You should get a second booster at least 4 months (at least 120 days) after your first booster .
- If you have had COVID-19 since your first booster, wait at least 4 months before you get a second booster
Previous vaccination dates available on the covid-19 digital certificate
Why you may need a second booster
You may be more at risk of serious illness from COVID-19 if you have a weak immune system or are aged 65 or older.
This is because:
- the protection from previous doses may weaken with time
- you may be at greater risk of severe illness
- your immune system may not respond as strongly to vaccination
Data from other countries shows that a second booster will give you extra protection from COVID-19. A second booster can prevent the possibility of hospitalisation or death from COVID-19 illness.
Fairview Medical Centre & Clontarf Family Practice Covid Booster Service
- By Appointment Only – please read details in full below.
- The service is open to Current Registered Patients of the Practices Only.Please note we are only getting a limited number of Moderna Covid Vaccines and will not be in a position to vaccinate all our patients over 65yrs
- We have opened up appointments for over 80’s initially and will working back in age groups and notify all registered over 65’s by SMS when you can book in.
- Alternative Services include:
HSE Covid-19 Vaccine Services below & check out local pharmacies also.
Fairview Medical Centre & Clontarf Family Practice Registered Patients who meet the above criteria may book an appointment with us:
TEL: 01 8339856 to book an appointment
Please read the following covid vaccine details before getting your vaccine
Details of Covid-19 Vaccination Types
The programme for those who are housebound will start from next week led by the community mobile teams (as advised from the Irish Medical Organisation). We do not have any further details or Telephone numbers for this service.
HSE Covid Booster Service Links
To book a covid booster at a HSE Vaccination Centre click on the following link
HSE Walk-in Covid Booster Services click on the following link
Covid-19 Vaccine Booster Service
We can only give appointments to patients of Fairview Medical Centre & Clontarf Family Practice who meet the criteia above and must book in by Tel: 018339856
Please read criteria to ensure you are eligible before contacting the surgery, to avoid occupying the lines.
The HSE are currently providing Walk-in
Clinics and clinics by appointment please check above.
37-39 Fairview Strand, Dublin 3, D03 F8C2
Mon-Thurs: 8am – 5.30pm
Fri 8am – 5pm
Sat- 8am – 9.30am
(All Clinics by Appointments)