Become a New Patient or Update Your Patient Details
Patient Registration Details:
Please ensure to notify us if you move or change any of your personal details (e.g. address, surname, phone number) so that your records can be updated. Click here to update your details. Failure to do so could result in delays or prevent us from contacting you or a relative in an emergency.
Please understand for continuity of care, our patients must register with either Fairview Medical Centre OR Clontarf Family and so hospital reports will go back to the correct practice/doctor. It will not be possible to go between surgeries for ongoing medical care.
New Patient Registration
- We review our Practice Patient Numbers monthly and we are currently accepting new patients who are living in the locality.
- To register, you will need to complete our online registration form, however, it is important to read the following information first.
- Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we also require you to complete a consent form allowing us to process your health data. See link to the GDPR information under the form further down this page.
- Following receipt of your registration form we will input your data for the doctor. Please allow 48 hours before contacting the surgery to book your 1st doctors appointment as part of the application process. Following this, if the doctor feels we can offer the service you require, we will accept you as a patient.
- Under 6’s DVC (Doctor Visit Cards): Parents need to be registered with the practice to be accepted on our panels.
- A change of doctor form will need to be signed after approval for GMS/DVC patients to transfer your number to this practice to be covered for future services.
- We will notify all patients of application outcome.
- When booking your first appointment as a new patient please let us know this is your this is for a New Patient Consultation so we can assign the appropriate appointment.
- For Non GMS patients there will be a standard fee of €60.00 payable at time of appointment booking, we require 48 hours’ notice to cancel the appointment so it can be offered to another patient.
- GMS/DVC card holders: If you have a valid medical card this visit will be covered. To confirm the card number is valid please click here.
- All GMS/DVC patients for Clontarf Family Practice will be registered on Dr. Claire Noonan’s GMS panel. However, as all the doctors work together you maybe offered an appointment with any of our practice doctor. For an ongoing issue it maybe best to re-book with the same doctor for continuity of care.
Please note: When applying for a Medical Card you will need to provide certain documents to support your application. For information about the requirements please see the form below.
Disabled Patient Facilities
Disabled patient facilities are available at Fairview Medical Centre and Please let us know if you require any assistance.
(Car park space, toilet etc.)
Patients from Ukraine
If you arrive in Ireland from Ukraine, you can get support from the Irish State. This includes a place to stay, financial support (social welfare), the right to work, and healthcare services.
The HSE (Health Service Executive) is Ireland’s public healthcare service.
You will be able to get the same healthcare services as people who live in Ireland.
You will also be able to apply to the HSE for a medical card. You need this card to get some healthcare services free of charge in Ireland.
Further Details: https://www2.hse.ie/services/healthcare-in-ireland/ukrainian-refugees.html
Patients from the EU
Visitors from EU countries are entitled to emergency care without charge provided they have a European Health Insurance card (EHIC) from their own country, valid at the time of their visit. Please present your European Health Card at reception before each consultation. This card may only be used for a maximum of 3 months.
Patients from the UK
Visitors from EU countries are no longer entitled to free medical care.
Patients from the rest of the world
In many situations your health insurance may reimburse some of the costs involved in your visit to Fairview Medical Centre. A receipt will be provided by our staff at the time of payment, which can then be presented to your insurance company.
If you have difficulties speaking English a translator will be very useful during your consultation with the doctor or nurse. Please arrange to bring a friend who speaks good English with you to the surgery.
Mandatory fields are marked with * (Note: Notice of application approval will be issued to you via SMS)
Note: Be sure to give consent above in order to submit the form – When the form is submitted sucessfully you will be taken to a confirmation page.
Data Protection and Privacy Statements
For information about our service and how your information may be used, please refer to our Data Protection and Privacy Statements, which is available via our website.
Consent for SMS Personal/Dependants < 16yrs
With your consent and provided your mobile number is correct we can now send you a free text message for the following purpose:
• Inform you & your dependants about results of your blood tests e.g. “results reported as normal or please contact the surgery to speak with your doctor” (please contact the surgery if you do not receive any texts within two weeks from your test date).
• Appointment reminders, Advise you about any changes to your appointment times.
• Remind you about vaccinations, and any other recalls necessary.
• Advice on administration queries for e.g. reminder about forms that are ready for collection
• Clinical results/data will never be exchanged via text message
To provide this service to you need to understand the above and agree to the practice communicating with you via text and to the following conditions:
• I agree to the practice communicating with me via short messaging service (SMS or text) for the above reason.
• I confirm that I will advise the Practice if I change my mobile number and understand that is my responsibility to do so.
• I confirm that I will notify the practice when my dependant reaches the age where they can operate independently
• I am aware that I can withdraw my consent at any time by informing the practice in writing and will need to give at least 5 working days’ notice
• Text messages are generated using a secure facility but I understand that they are transmitted over a public network onto a personal phone and as such may not be secure
This service is for healthcare notifications only not for correspondence. We will not receive any information returned by text.
I confirm that the mobile number entered in the from aboce is correct and is my number and agree to the above conditions.
37-39 Fairview Strand, Dublin 3, D03 F8C2
Mon-Thurs: 8am – 5.30pm
Fri 8am – 5pm
Sat- 8am – 9.30am
(Emergency Walk-in Clinic)